Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mommy goes Solo

In a few days, I will hit the skies make my way to Oklahoma!  I have been on the countdown for this trip is since late October, but as time has passed, I have gained mixed emotions.

I am overly excited for the opportunity to see my Oklahoma family and friends, for it had been way too long since our last visit.  I am double excited to have the opportunity to visit “grown up” attractions like Gilcrease Museum, see Lady Antebellum in concert, and have the chance to stay out past 10 pm.  With all that said, my heart races as to what can go wrong, what do I pack, and are my kiddos going to miss me.

Days to Prepare
With many of my trips it takes months to prepare, I research, I find the perfect places to visit, and honestly, I get to know the community before I ever leave home.  With this trip, not only am I doing all the planning for my trip, but I am also preparing my family for Mommy to be away.  I have came to the conclusion I have preparing to be prepared. 

The List
Oh the word makes me think of my momma leaving my list of chores to complete!  However, I have more list than I know what to do with!  I have a list of what to pack, a list of details to finish up, a list of things to tell Ryan, a list of things for Ryan to do, a list for Celesse of things for things to tell her Dad not to do, and pretty much I have  a list of list.  I guess I am a listy kind of girl!   

The Kids
Here, is the downfall of Mommy going solo…Mommy never goes solo.  I maybe traveling kid free, but my solo days have passed by.  My phone in hand, my hi-tech kiddos with the iPods, and Daddy’s inability to negotiate wardrobes; I am sure I will get that mid morning phone call begging me to convince Dillard that shorts and flip flops are not okay in January. 

The Excitement
Oklahoma here I come, I hope you are ready for Becky and her Adventures.  Missouri friends I am excited to tell you how fun Oklahoma can be….one clue I will give you is it is CHEAP.  I scored my round trip airline ticket for around $100.00.  That is the same amount of money I spend in gas for 2 weeks! 

Sianara Baby…I will see you in a Few! 

~Becky

1 comment: